Huletts Landing is a hamlet in the town of Dresden in northern Washington County, New York, United States. A lakeside community on the eastern shore of Lake George in the Adirondack Mountains, Huletts Landing is located entirely within the Adirondack Park. There is only one roadway access to the hamlet, County Route 6 and its suffixed routes, which head north-south. Huletts Landing is geographically located at 43°38′21″N 73°30′25″W﻿ / ﻿43.63917°N 73.50694°W﻿ / 43.63917; -73.50694 and has approximately two centuries of written history. The hamlet derives its name from the Hulett family, which resided in the area for several generations after Revolutionary War soldier David Hulett moved near the lakeside and began farming. In 1874 his descendant Philander Hulett built a boat landing, a general store, and a post office. This opened the scenic corner of the lake to steamship traffic and tourism. This suffered a major setback in 1915 when the hamlet's largest hotel burned to its foundation, but tourism remained an important factor to the local economy. The town (Dresden) population, not Huletts Landing, is 695, according to 2007 U.S. Census Bureau estimates.