Piedra (formerly, Del Piedra and Delpiedra) is an unincorporated community in Fresno County, California. It is located on the south bank of the Kings River 23 miles (37 km) east of Fresno, at an elevation of 538 feet (164 m). In 1911, the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad built a branch line to a nearby quarry and bestowed the name ("Piedra" is Spanish for "rock" or "stone"). The Delpiedra post office operated from 1920 to 1943. The Piedra post office was established in 1949.